Let’s talk about success a bit today…
Because of its subjective nature, it is not easy to properly define success. However, we can simply say it is when you have accomplished goals or objectives that you have set out for yourself. To be successful in business, there are a bunch of things you need to factor in, some we have discussed extensively, but what we have full looked at is personal development; you attitude towards business.
The rules of engagement are roughly the same, whether you are into e-commerce or real estate. They are certain attributes you need to possess to be successful. What are these skills/attributes that propel people to business success and how can you develop them?
Let’s find out now, shall we?
- Building a positive environment: success is usually dependent on environment. Where and how you spend much of your time will determine if you succeed, how you address failure, and how much of your goals you are able to accomplish. Environment not only means your physical environment, your mental space must also be tuned towards optimism. It has been proven time and time again that you are much more likely to succeed in an endeavor if you exhibit confidence and optimism towards that endeavor. Surround yourself with people that will encourage you and motivate you to success.
- Attitude towards failure: From our childhood days, we have been long conditioned to fear failure, every child dreads the “F” on his result sheet. Our schools and parents have made us fear failure subconsciously, this childish fear of failure has not eroded over the years, and many of us still carry this fear into business, this can be really detrimental towards our success. Fear puts a pause on action, makes us stagnant and afraid to take decisions. I am encouraging you to adopt a new perspective and see failure from a different angle. Begin to see failure as an opportunity to learn and improve. Every time you fail, see it as a chance to learn something new and further evolve. The famous inventor Thomas Edison failed a whopping 1,000 times when he was attempting to invent the electric bulb, but his persistence enabled him to succeed!
- Let actions speak louder than words: Talking about success is the easy part. Heck! Talking is always the easy part, and as an entrepreneur it is often very easy to talk about your goals and what you want to achieve, but the main crux of the issue is actually doing something. So the next time you tell yourself or others that you want to achieve something, ensure that you back up those words with action. Practice what you preach, and your pockets will thank you at the end of the month!
- Effective communication: In business, communication is everything, more so in the e-commerce world; you have to know how to communicate with clients, potential clients, your factory people, agents etc. Excellent communication skills are a must if you are to be successful. If you are not happy with the way your factory handled your products or you would like to make certain modifications , you should be able to dish out constructive criticism or a well-detailed instructions in the case of modifications. You should have that allure that draws makes customers keep coming back. A lot of people patronize a particular store not because of the prices (the prices may be rocket high!), but because of how the store owners treat them.
- Commitment to goals: Another universal attribute of successful entrepreneurs is the ability to set goals and commit to them wholeheartedly without wavering or giving up. After setting your goals, you must make up your mind that regardless of the obstacles that you face, that you will stick to these goals and see it through. Remember how we defined success earlier? As achievement of your goals… Well, if you don’t stay committed to your goals, there is no way you are going to accomplish anything.
Today, I encourage you to start developing yourself in these areas, and begin to see improvement and success in all areas of your business!
Have a great weekend!
P.S. Upgrade to VIP Club and Unlock All The Videos and Tools. Instant Access and $1 Easy Trial