We get frustrated when things don’t go the way we want them to. When we set goals and make plans, other circumstances can make us fall short of achieving our desired purpose. In business, especially the e-commerce industry, it’s pretty easy to get frustrated and tired.
Imagine working so hard on your products, including its manufacturing and shipping process, then, you only a few sales that you can count on one hand, and then to top it off, you end up getting crappy reviews from your customers! Maybe something went wrong along the way, but when you think about all the energy invested in this product, you are most certainly going to feel exasperated.
THIS IS NORMAL!
What isn’t okay is allowing your frustrations dictate your decisions. Emotion and business mixed together is a bad cocktail and a recipe for disaster. To put things in perspective, let’s look at some common frustrations when it comes to business.
- Lack of Profits: This is a major reason to get frustrated. If profits aren’t coming in, then why am I still here doing business? Lack of money leads to lack of motivation.
- Lack of Control: Having next to no flexibility when it comes to your schedule
- Nothing seems to be working: Regardless of how many books or articles you’ve read about your business, things still don’t seem to be working out for you.
Peradventure you find yourself struggling with any of these frustrations, you don’t need to fret! This is a common theme amongst entrepreneurs. The road to success isn’t always as smooth as it appears to be, how you deal with the gallops will determine if you will get to your final destination.
To overcome frustration, you need to go back to the drawing board. Taking a step back will allow you to see the bigger picture and get you refocused. How can you do this?
- Your Vision: Having a clear vision in mind helps put your business in focus, but not only that, it can also help serve as a reminder of why you do what you do. In trying times, you can look back to your well spelled out vision for yourself and your business and you can draw inspiration and motivation from this.
- Working with the right people: There is no quick way to success, but having the right team is undoubtedly a booster! Bad factories can sell you subpar products which will lead to angry customers and messy reviews. Ensure you are working with the right people so there is no break in the chain of quality you offer to your customers. If you are a busy person and cannot afford the time to attend to the nitty-gritty of your online store, then it is advisable you hire a competent VA, as this would help simplify things for you.
- Efficient Implementation: When trying out new things, perhaps from books or articles you’ve read; always ensure you are following the procedures stated in these materials correctly. Keep a record to track your progress and cut off anything that isn’t working. There is no point to continue on a road that leads to nowhere. Einstein once said that it is the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
- Track Progress: Endeavor to keep a track record of your progress and failures, no matter how small they may be. It’s easy to lose focus when you succeed and bask in the glory of the moment, but you should time out to record the processes that led to that success. Documenting your progress helps construct a roadmap for you to follow to consistent success. This way, you will know what works and what doesn’t, it will help organize your business process and allow you to remain consistent.
As we mentioned, frustration is almost inescapable, but you can mitigate its effects and give your business a better chance at succeeding. When things aren’t working out the way you want, it is always best to reevaluate your business strategy, bolster it with new ideas and techniques.
We got a ton of awesome material that you can use to do just that! Our video courses are packed with the latest information on how you can make it BIG on Amazon or Shopify!
You can check out the courses right here!
See you guys later!
P.S. Upgrade to VIP Club and Unlock All The Videos and Tools. Instant Access and $1 Easy Trial