There are a lot of myths and tales surrounding ungating; it isn’t a surprise that things are this way, especially when you consider the fact that not many people get access to this legendary amazon’s program. There is a strict and meticulous process of screening you will go through before you get approved.
However, you should count yourself among the lucky elite merchants once you manage to get approved, because you will start enjoying a ton of benefits; namely getting access to start selling some of the bestselling and most popular products, including supplements, pills, food products, health and care, beauty.
All those products in the best-selling categories which regular Amazon sellers don’t have access to, will become available to you. This is the reason why a lot of sellers are hoping to pass the ungating process and get approved.
As a result of the strict screening process and these amazing benefits, an air of mystery has surrounded the process of ungating and this has led to the birth of a couple of false myths. Today, however, we would not be dealing with ungating myths; instead, we would focus on what it takes to get ungated. It is good to note that different niches have different requirement, but we’ll be looking at what it takes to get ungated in the niches of – Beauty, Heath & Personal Grocery. The reason for this is that these are very popular mainstream niches. So, what are some of the keys to ungating?
- Ensure you’ve got good or non-existent metrics
- Get hooked up with professional seller plan
- Order defect rate <1%
- Your account should been in good standing
- 3-4 months+ of selling history
- Make sure you submit 3 images containing receipts or POs from purchases that has occurred within the last 3 months
- Efficiently itemize your receipts
- Ensure your receipts contain your store’s information including address, name, phone number and any other important detail.
- Each receipt should have one item in the category where you’re trying to get approved.
- Ensure your ASIN number is written on your items, so that they can easily be verified
- Avoid using email receipts; use the actual ones to avoid problems
- Although not necessary, it won’t hurt to include your information on the purchase order; name, address and phone number should suffice.
As you must’ve observed, these aren’t easy things to get done, ungating is not for the faint of heart, but if you have gotten to a certain level in the selling game, you may want to consider doing it. There are still other steps required and this is just the tip of the iceberg.
As a result of the complexities of this program, I don’t advice newbies and beginners to try this out. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you could end up wasting time, resources and money all for nothing, and don’t forget the scams out there! So if you’re just starting out, it is best you focus on getting settled in whatever niche you’re based in, then when you have enough momentum you can decide to branch out and try ungating.
As usual, we’ve got sweet courses that spell out the secrets of ungating and what you can do to position yourself for approval. Take a look at them here.
Hope you’ve learned something new today.
See you next time!
P.S. Upgrade to VIP Club and Unlock All The Videos and Tools. Instant Access and $1 Easy Trial