Poor product listing is the bane of success on Amazon. If you are serious about your products and you intend to turn your Amazon store into a profitable enterprise, then you must learn the science of creating great product listings. If you browse through Amazon, you will come across poorly constructed product listings; these listings are easily identified by poor descriptions, weak or poorly designed images, and spammed keywords. You can be sure that these sellers wouldn’t be making any ROCK-STAR sales on Amazon.
If you have determined that you will separate yourself from this group, if you don’t want to remain mediocre, then this is the right place for you.
To understand product listings efficiently we need to break it down into it’s most important components.
- Product title
- Product Image
- Product description
- Product reviews
As you have rightly guessed, each of these components will help guide your buyer towards making a purchase decision.
How well you construct these components will determine how well you sell, so their role in making sales cannot be overlooked.
Let us zoom in on these components and talk about them in more detail.
1. Product Title: The title of a product might seem like something innocuous that should be paid much attention, don’t be fooled by its simplicity. Product titles provide a peek into what you are selling. They should contain complete or a near complete information describing your product(s). Amazon allows a 250-character limit for product titles; ensure you judiciously make use of this opportunity! As a guide, when filling out the product title, make sure you include the brand name, quantity, color, model size etc., also try to some keywords into the title to help with SEO.
2. Product Image: Now, to convince your sellers to buy your product isn’t it obvious you will require high-quality images? While you are sourcing for great product images, ensure that they truly depict the size and scale of the product. Amazon will permit posting of nine product photos with one lead photo, this is an opportunity that shouldn’t be trifled with, try to use images that show your products in use by a person, this will help your clients relate to your product. Don’t attempt to deceive anyone by posting a picture showing something your product doesn’t have, this can be viewed by your sellers as deception and it can lead to bad reviews, this isn’t the time to show off your Photoshop skills!
3. Product Description: Wish you had the chance to convince a client that your product was superior to whatever the competition had to offer? Well, the product description is just the right place to do this. With a 2,000-word character limit, Amazon provides its sellers ample opportunity to show your potential customers what your product is all about. Here, you can use short sentences detailing your products functions and the problem it solves, you may or may not include information about the manufacturing company, this is up to you, determine what is beneficial by putting yourself in the client shoes and asking yourself a simple question after reading your product description; will this make me proceed further? When describing your products, leave no stone unturned, however, don’t over exaggerate, as this could backfire in the form of bad reviews!
4. Keywords: One popular mistake amongst Amazon sellers is the misuse of keywords! There is no doubt that knowing the keywords your buyers are targeting and ranking for is very useful, but more importantly, the RIGHT application of such keywords/phrases is vital. Don’t spam keywords, only use keywords that are relevant to your niche and your buyers; additionally, keywords should be added to relevant places like the product title and product features.
5. Product Reviews: Product reviews on Amazon do what social proof does in real life. They provide evidence that your products are high quality and sought after, or they could also tell a different story, that you are selling cheaply manufactured items. The latter is known as “bad reviews” while the former is the standard “good product review.” Now, you don’t need the genius to tell you that what you need on a consistent basis is good product reviews. To ensure this is your story, you must deliver top quality products; avoid deception of any kind and request for good reviews from your buyers after they make a purchase. Remember, if you deliver a substandard product, then you cannot expect good reviews, so try to stay on top of your game at all times!
These 5 key components are crucial in setting up a good product listing, if you require more information on these, then you can take a look at our video courses here. We also got some amazing tools to help out with product title suggestions, keywords generation etc. You can check out the garlic press smasher here.
Have a profitable week ahead!
P.S. Upgrade to VIP Club and Unlock All The Videos and Tools. Instant Access and $1 Easy Trial